Friday, November 12, 2010

VCSA



VCSA held their 2010 showcase at the LA Mirada Performing Arts Center. The proceeds for this event went towards less fortunate kids from Vietnam. The showcase was filled with singing, dancing, skits, and of course a fashion show. I was asked to be apart of this event by Jennifer Dinh. I’ve worked with Jennifer on a couple photo shoots. She was actually the first model to ever model one of my designs in a photo shoot.



I’ve participated in my fair amount of shows and I pretty much know what to do when something goes wrong. Well, for the first & LAST time I actually modeled my own garment on the runway. The day of the event one of the models dropped out and ABSOLUTELY no one else was able to fill in. But I can honestly say I’m happy I’m behind the scenes of a fashion show. I’m not cut out to be a model! This event was fun and met a lot of cool people.I learned A LOT about Vietnamese Food! It is AMAZING!!! Bun is the Shit and Vietnamese coffee is basically the equivalent to CRACK.